Installation of a lawn irrigation system is required to have a backflow assembly installed per Rhode Island General Laws Title 46 Chapter 46-13 Public Drinking Water Protection. The backflow device must be approved by the Portsmouth Water & Fire District prior to installation and inspection. Contact Mike Hebert, Cross Connection Control Manager, for more information…
Operator – 5/1/2023
- Distribution System Operator II, or
- Distribution System Operator I, or
- Senior Distribution System Operator
- REPORTS TO: Distribution System Manager
- Work with considerable independence at the direction of the Distribution System Manager and exercise skill and judgment in performing all required water system operations, maintenance and labor necessary to protect public health and safety and to ensure compliance with all District, Local, State and Federal regulations.
- Operate and manage the District’s water system as the on-duty certified distribution system operator and treatment system operator.
- Manage construction projects and supervise the District’s construction contractors.
JOB DESCRIPTON – OPERATOR 2023 – Official job posting with full details on duties and how to apply.