- Distribution System Operator II, or
- Distribution System Operator I, or
- Senior Distribution System Operator
- REPORTS TO: Distribution System Manager
- Work with considerable independence at the direction of the Distribution System Manager and exercise skill and judgment in performing all required water system operations, maintenance and labor necessary to protect public health and safety and to ensure compliance with all District, Local, State and Federal regulations.
- Operate and manage the District’s water system as the on-duty certified distribution system operator and treatment system operator.
- Manage construction projects and supervise the District’s construction contractors.
JOB DESCRIPTON – OPERATOR 2023 – Official job posting with full details on duties and how to apply.
Professional Architectural / Engineering Services For Evaluation and Analysis of a New Office Facility
Proposals will be received by June 7th, 2023 and a pre-proposal meeting will be held May 16th, 2023 for all interested parties.
Official Request for Proposal available here – Full Office Arch-Eng Study RFP 5-2023.
Portsmouth Water District is looking to hire a summer intern. The focus would be on learning about being a water distribution system operator. In today’s economy, the focus on workforce development is a major theme. In the water industry it is even more significant given the difficulty attracting water professionals necessary to fill the mission-critical jobs for operating and maintaining our water and wastewater facilities and infrastructure. For full details on qualifications, working conditions, compensation, and application specifications download full PDF here.
Submit resumes by mail, direct delivery or email to:
Portsmouth Water and Fire District
1944 East Main Road
P.O. Box 99
Portsmouth, RI 02871
ATTN: Resume Enclosed
The Portsmouth Water and Fire District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Portsmouth Water and Fire District (PWFD) invites sealed bids for the proposed “Sakonnet River Water Main Crossing – Pipe Rehabilitation.” Bids will be received by the PWFD office 1944 East Main Road, Portsmouth, RI 02871 until 2 PM on May 30, 2023 and then at said office publicly opened and read aloud. Sealed Bids must have outer envelope marked as “Portsmouth Water and Fire District, Sakonnet River Water Main Crossing – Pipe Rehabilitation.”
The work consists of the following: lining approximately 1,700 feet of 10-inch cast iron transmission water main; partial piping demolition and new piping installation in the Tiverton Treatment Building.
Official Bid Advertisement available here – Sakonnet River Water Main Crossing – Pipe Rehabilitation
The Portsmouth Water and Fire District will hold its annual election on Wednesday, June 14, 2023 at the Portsmouth Water and Fire District Office. One Clerk and one Water Commissioner will be elected for three-year terms.
Nomination Papers may be obtained at the District Office, 1944 East Main Road on or after April 14, 2023 and must be returned to said office no later than 4:00 P.M. on May 15, 2023.
Philip T. Driscoll, Clerk